COVID-19 Testing Policies at Xpress Urgent Care
Now more than ever, Xpress Urgent Care is taking steps to care for you and your family. All of our urgent care clinics throughout Orange County are still open during this outbreak, and we are taking extra precautions to ensure a safe and sterile environment for all of our visitors. COVID-19 Testing is by appointment only. We are not taking any walk-ins at this time. Check-in online to schedule your appointment. We are doing everything we can to see as many people as safely possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
While the possibility of coronavirus (or COVID-19) spread remains in Orange County, we would like to provide a description of our new COVID-19 policies to keep local residents and their families safe and healthy. We are testing anyone that would like to get tested for COVID-19. We also accept most insurance plans to cover the cost of the test. If you don’t have insurance we have affordable self-pay options. The COVID-19 PCR Test is approved under EUA-Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA. Testing is available everyday from 8AM to 8PM. Check-in online to get tested today!
Rush COVID PCR Test (36 Hrs Results)*
Get a rushed COVID-19 PCR Test to expedite your test results. The rushed COVID-19 PCR test in only available at our Tustin location Monday through Friday from 9am to 8pm in order to get your results by the next evening. This test is an FDA (EUA Authorized) NAAT nasal swab test. The test results and certification will be emailed within 36 hours. At this time the test is only available to PPO health plans and self-pay individuals. If you plan on using this test for travel purposes please plan accordingly with your airline, destination guidelines, and time frames.
*Results times are NOT guaranteed. Please know these are the CURRENT average turn around times but can change due to unforeseeable events like testing volume, backlog, holidays, etc.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Testing For First Responders
If you work for the Fire Department, Police Departement, Hosptial, or an EMT please check-in online to schedule your appointment. As a first responder, we understand the urgency of getting tested which is why our chat feature is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the COVID-19 test. Please bring your work ID or badge. If you have a large group like a Fire/Police department or agency that needs testing, please let us know via chat and we can make some accommodations tailored to your business.
Can I still go to an Xpress Urgent Care clinic near me?
Yes. We recommend you check-in online and once you arrive at our clinic we will ask you to complete the paperwork in your car. Once we have processed your paperwork will call you to come inside the clinic to be roomed right away. If you have any questions at any point during our process you can give us a call or chat with a live representative on our website 24/7.
Does Kaiser insurance cover the COVID-19 Test?
Yes, we now accept Kaiser insurance for COVID-19 testing ONLY. Kaiser will cover the COVID-19 PCR test and Antibody test, but you can only do one test per visit/appointment. In order to get tested at Xpress Urgent Care with your Kaiser insurance, you must have an appointment and complete your registration process before the appointment day.
COVID-19 Testing Process In Orange County
1. COVID-19 Testing For Anyone: If you would like to get tested for COVID-19 just check-in online to select the location and time you would like to come in. We do accept most insurance plans to cover the cost of the test. If you have any medical-related questions or concerns before the test, please schedule a telehealth visit to talk to a healthcare provider. Most insurance plans are also waiving copays for these types of services.
2. Location of Testing: If you have made an appointment for COVID-19 testing, specifically, the test will take place at one of our clinics. Upon arrival at our facility, please call us and a member of our staff will assist you while you wait in your vehicle. Do NOT walk in unattended. Most of the testing process will be done from your vehicle to reduce the exposure.
3. What the Test Entails: the COVID-19 test — which follows the official coronavirus testing protocol of the Orange County Health Department — is a quick and painless procedure that entails a nasal swab.
4. Test Results: Patients can expect test results within three to five (3-5) days depending on how busy Quest, Labcorp, or other labs are. Please Note: Due to the high demand as counties are reopening, result times may fluctuate. The labs are doing everything possible to get you the results in a timely manner so please be patient.
5. Mandatory Self-Quarantine: While awaiting test results, the CDC recommends that you quarantine yourself in your home until the test results have been shared with you. We will provide you discharge instructions upon leaving the clinic.
What the CDC Recommends to Prevent Spread of Coronavirus (CoVid-19)
The CDC (Center for Disease Control) recommends those either confirmed to have COVID-19 or those being evaluated for the virus to remain at home and to NOT visit public areas including work or school. Until a healthcare professional clears them for regular activity, these individuals should also refrain from using public transportation including ride-sharing services and taxis.
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, individuals who have either come into contact with others known to have contracted the virus or those being evaluated for a possible COVID-19 infection should monitor their symptoms. While the CDC has provided a list of possible symptoms — including fever, shortness of breath, and cough — it’s important to note that not all individuals will experience the same symptoms and some may be asymptomatic, meaning they won’t show any symptoms at all.
Frequently Asked Questions About Coronavirus (CoVid-19)
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Dry cough
- Flu-like symptoms (chills, fatigue, body aches, etc.)
No vaccines or treatments are currently available for COVID-19. However, you can prevent an infection by:
- Washing hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- Using hand sanitizer (containing 60% alcohol) if you’re unable to wash your hands
- Coughing or sneezing into the crevice of your elbow or into a tissue
- Refraining from touching your face with unwashed hands
- Keeping your distance (at least 6 feet) from others who may be sick
- Avoiding travel (when possible) and/or large crowds/events
If you feel sick and are showing any symptoms that could be related to a COVID-19 infection, you should take the following steps to avoid infecting others:
- Stay home for the duration of your illness and keep children home if they are sick
- Avoid any close contact with others
- Cover your cough or sneeze and wash your hands
- Use a disinfectant on surfaces/objects you regularly touch such door knobs
Patients who have recently traveled or plan on travelling to China, Italy, South Korea, or Japan — which are considered levels 2, 3, and 4 by the WHO — should NOT come into an Xpress Urgent Care facility for the CDC-mandated incubation period of 14 days.
Most insurance plans do cover the COVID-19 PCR and Antibody test but we won’t know for sure until we run the insurance at the time of the visit. This will be done at the beginning of your visit. Here is a list of insurances we accept here.
Yes, but it ONLY covers the COVID-19 PCR and Antibody test. You can only do one test per appointment.